When you read the first 3 entries in this series of blogs about NJ’s budget crisis, did you conclude that
- those problems could only happen to the government?
- elected officials value power and control more than business leaders?
Ignoring the Numbers and Borrowing Against the Future During Good Times
Ask yourself if your
- current financial stresses could have been moderated if you too hadn’t assumed that the good times would just continue
- routine includes in depth analysis of causal trends rather than just results-focused percentages
Avoiding Conflict and Hoping to be Rescued During Bad Times
Ask yourself if you are STILL not addressing your
- friction between business partners
- over dependence on a key leader or a few large accounts
- chronic recurring profitability or cash flow problems
- when and how to replace a long term unproductive or disruptive employee
- unrealistic revenue projections in your proposals to outside investors
Resisting Consolidation and Forcing Disaster Today
- Ask yourself how bad things must get before you will learn more about:
5th in a Series –
Aldonna R. Ambler, CMC, CSP has earned the right to be called THE GROWTH STRATEGIST®. She has won over 2 dozen national and statewide “entrepreneur of the year” awards for the resilient growth of her international businesses across 4 recessions. Her midsized BtoB clients get on…and then stay on…the published lists of the fastest growing privately held companies. She owns and operates a suite of companies that help privately held midsized companies achieving accelerated growth with sustained profitability® through opportunity & resource analysis, 4 approaches to strategic planning, executive advisory services, growth financing, and targeted search. Ambler hosts a weekly peer-to-peer-to-peer syndicated on line talk show that features interviews with CEOs/Presidents of midsized companies (typically between $20 and 200 Mil/yr.) sharing success tips about the growth strategy-of-the-week. An archive of over 300 interviews is available at www.GrowthStrategistShow.com. She can be reached toll free at 1-888-Aldonna or at Aldonna@AMBLER.com.